CodeIgniter is an Application Development toolkit for people who used PHP to develop websites.
The first version of CodeIgniter was released by EllisLab on February 28, 2006. It is the best PHP framework.
CodeIgniter is developed by British Columbia Institute of Technology.
CodeIgniter is Model-View-Controller Based System
- Model: It represents data structures. Model classes will contain functions that help you retrieve, insert, and update information in your database.
- View: View is a presentation to the user. A View will normally be a web page, but can also be a page fragment like a header or footer.
- Controller: It does most of the hard work, and the controller is an intermediary between the Model and View.
CodeIgniter Folder Structure :
- Open CodeIgniter Here we have 3 folders. They are :
We have Models, Views, Controllers files in the application folder.
- CodeIgniter enable you to develop projects much faster. Means it makes coding in PHP simple, quick and user-friendly.
- CodeIgniter helps you to create your project by minimizing the amount of code needed for a given task.
- It is easy to use folder structure in
- CodeIgniter is open source and it is simple to customize for your needs.
- CodeIgniter is Extremely Light Weight.
- Different Views and Controllers can interface with the same Model, and also new or different Views and Controllers can interface with a Model without forcing a change in the Model design. It means we can reuse the code.